Calls for proposals
We regularly open calls for proposals to civil society and government organisations involved in conservation activities.Access the IUCN Grants Portal
Calls for Proposals
Fondation Segré Conservation Action Fund
This year’s Calls for Proposals of the Fondation Segré Conservation Action Fund will support the conservation of Endangered and Critically Endangered squamates: collectively known as scaled reptiles, they are the most diverse and largest order of all reptile groups. Two calls for proposals are now open:
- Conservation Action Grants support on-the-ground conservation action with the goal of improving the status of threatened squamates and their habitats;
- Research Support Grants support young and early scientists in their research to improve the knowledge on species and their role in natural ecosystems. These grants intend to provide budding researchers the opportunity to mature into seasoned conservationists.
What are the advantages of working with IUCN SOS?
When IUCN Save Our Species awards a grant to an organisation, it is the beginning of a special relationship. We provide support to our grantees throughout the entirety of our shared journey, while adding value along the way by sharing the projects’ impacts and the lessons learned.
Head, Species Conservation ActionImage credit: WWF
Who do we collaborate with?
IUCN Save Our Species works with Civil Society Organisations and government agencies, and offers three types of grants:
- Threatened Species Grants are awarded under each of our initiatives through periodic Calls for Proposals. These are awarded to projects that have a programmatic approach to addressing existing conservation threats.
- Rapid Action Grants are awarded through an open-ended Call for Proposals available to projects responding to emergency situations. They are awarded to shorter project (maximum 12 months) and are designed to enable immediate responses to new and emerging threats. Note: Rapid Action Grants are currently only available under our SOS African Wildlife initiative.
- Research Support Grants are awarded to young and early scientists in their research to improve the knowledge on threatened species and their ecosystems. Note: Research Support Grants are currently only available under the Fondation Segré Conservation Fund.
Archived Calls for Proposals
By browisng our Call for Proposals archive, you may find information on previous awarded grants and donors.